Monday, January 22, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear God, who can tell what a day might bring? Therefore, gracious God, cause me to live every day as if it were to be my last, for I cannot know that it is not. Help me to live this day as I shall wish I had done when I come to die.

Come even as a slave to me, pour water into Your bowl, come and wash my feet. In asking such a thing I know I am overbold, but I dread what was threatened when You said to me, “If I do not wash your feet I have no fellowship with you.” Wash my feet then, because I long for Your companionship.

I pray to You to look with favor upon our universities, colleges, and schools. Let the knowledge may be increased among us, and sound learning flourish and abound. Bless all who teach and all who learn; and grant that in humility of heart they may ever look to You, the fountain of all true wisdom, and not be led by the devices of their minds into the pride and hollowness that comes from knowledge without truth; through Christ our Lord and Savior.

Amen


3 comments: