Thursday, July 12, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear Lord, in the morning, when I rise, I give praise to You, who shows His glory in the sun. O Lord God, You are the source of all warmth, all light, all sustenance. Let me remember You when I rise and all the day, my God, every waking moment; and let me sleep each night in peace, confident that I will rise with Your sun once again, in the time you have chosen for me.

Remind us that Your names reveal Your character. Help us to remember them in our times of need and distress. Thank You for the assurance that You are faithful to Your name.

Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip me with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in me what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever.

Amen

2 comments: