Saturday, April 29, 2017

Today We Pray




Dear Lord, as You gave us the sun to lighten our days, so You have given us Your Word to lighten our minds and our souls. I pray that You will pour out on me Your Spirit as I pray today. Let my heart and mind may be open to Your Word, and that I may learn and accept Your will for my life.

Help me to be honest and true in all that I say and all that I do. Give me the courage to do what is right, to bring to the world a glimpse of Your light. Give me a broken heart that yet carries home the water of grace.

Shine within my heart, loving God, the pure light of Your divine knowledge. Open the eyes of my mind and the ears of my heart to receive Your Word, this day and always. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!

Amen

3 comments: