Saturday, August 19, 2017

Today We Pray




Dear God, as You gave us the sun to lighten our days, so You have given us Your Word to lighten our minds and our souls. I pray that You will pour out on me Your Spirit as I pray today, that my heart . and mind may be opened to your Word. And that, I may learn and accept Your will for my life.

Today I celebrate the resurrection of Your Son, Jesus Christ, the supreme victory over death that belongs to You alone. I pray that I may, today and in the coming week, act in appreciation of the ultimate gift You have given to me and to all who confess the name of Christ. Fill me with love and humility.

Make my heart clean within me, I pray, by the power of the Holy Spirit, that my every thought and deed will reflect the graciousness of the salvation given to me, not by my merit but by your love; and that I may continue to learn your word, and accept even what I do not want to hear, and always act in accordance with Your will. In the name of Christ I pray.

Amen

4 comments: