Saturday, May 12, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear Lord, I beseech You mercifully to hear my prayers and the prayers of all Your people who call upon you. Grant that we may both perceive and know what things we ought to do. And also, may we have grace and power faithfully to fulfill them.

I vow by this prayer that I will strive to follow Your Word, to forgive all who have injured me, to turn loose the petty resentments and grudges that poison the world with hatred, and to overlook the faults of others; and I ask to be pardoned wherever I have done injury to my brothers and sisters, who are Your beloved children even though they, like me, are sinners. And I vow, when I fall short of Your commandment, to seek out and confess my wrongdoing. Forgive me, Holy Christ, and help me to ever amend my life.

Now the God of patience and consolation grant to me, and to all who pray in the name of Christ, to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus. That we may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. This I pray, with faith in the grace You have promised to the penitent sinner.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment