Monday, May 21, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear God, I will kindle my fire this morning in the presence of the holy angels of heaven. Without malice, without jealousy, without envy, without fear; without terror of anyone under the sun, but the Holy Son of God to shield me. Kindle thou in my heart within a flame of love to my neighbor, to my foe, to my friend and to my kindred all.

I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against You whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with Your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin.

I beseech You to direct, sanctify, and govern both my heart and body, in the ways of Your laws, and in the works of Your commandments. That, through Your most mighty protection, both here and ever, I may be preserved in body and soul. Through our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Amen

3 comments: