Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear Lord, draw thou our hearts unto thee. Join them together in inseparable love, that we may abide in thee, and thou in us, and that the everlasting covenant between us may stand sure forever. O wound our hearts with the fiery darts of thy piercing love.

Let them pierce through all our slothful members and inward powers, that we, being happily wounded, may so become whole and sound. Let us have no lover but thyself alone. Let us seek no joy nor comfort except in thee.

Now fulfill in my contrite heart the promise of redeeming grace; forgiving all my sins, and cleansing me from an evil conscience; through the perfect sacrifice of Christ Jesus our Lord. And turn my heart to your will at every moment, I pray. In Your Name, we ask this.

Amen

1 comment: