Monday, May 28, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear God, blessed are You, to You be praise and glory forever! As once You ransomed Your people from Egypt and led them to freedom in the promised land, so now You have delivered me from the dominion of darkness and brought me into the kingdom of Your risen Son. May I, the fruit of Your new creation, rejoice in this new day You have made and praise You for Your mighty acts. 

Help me to be more conscious of Your presence. Teach me to recognize Your presence in others. Fill my heart with gratitude for the times Your love has been shown to me through the care of others.

And finally, grant me, I pray, the lamp of charity which never fails, that it may burn in me and shed its light on those around me. And that by its brightness, I may share a vision of that holy City, where dwells the true and never-failing Light, Jesus Christ our Lord. This I pray, in Christ's Name.

Amen

2 comments: