Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Today We Pray



Dear Lord, we long to make You the supreme desire of our heart. As You taught Your disciples to pray, so too we ask You to teach us how to love. Guide us today as we celebrate love.

You have commanded us to love one another, this I know without a doubt. And yet all day I am filled with judgments, with resentments, with anger that sneaks in and grabs me when I am not paying attention to You. I pray dear God, that You will soften my heart to my fellow humans, no matter how sinfully they may act, and leave the judging to You, as You have commanded.

Fill me with acceptance in place of judgment, sympathy in place of anger, faith in place of resentment. For my judgments and anger are the creatures of pride. May I do thy will this day, in the name of Christ I pray.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment