Friday, April 6, 2018

The Daily Grace - For This I Have Jesus


In an evangelistic meeting in Ireland, the speaker was explaining what it means to abide in Christ and to trust Him completely in every trial. Concluding his message, he repeated several times, "It means that in every circumstance you can keep on saying, 'For this, I have Jesus'." The meeting was then opened for testimonies. One young woman said, "Just a few minutes ago I was handed this telegram. It reads, 'Mother is very ill; take train home immediately'. When I saw those words, I knew that tonight's message was meant just for me. My heart looked up and said, 'For this, I have Jesus'. Instantly, a peace and strength flooded my soul."

Three or four weeks later the evangelist received a letter from this woman. It read, "Thank you again for the message you gave that day. Life has become an uninterrupted psalm of victory, for I have come to realize that no matter what life brings, for this I have Jesus". That believer in Christ had found in her Savior the One who would be with her "through fire and through water", and who would bring her "out to rich fulfillment" (Ps. 66:12). 

If you are enduring a great trial of affliction, remember - for this you have Jesus. If every circumstance finds us abiding in Christ, we will find Christ abiding with us in every circumstance. Found refuge from life's care in Jesus. He fully understands your soul's deepest longing.

1 comment: