Saturday, April 28, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear God, I come to You, asking that Your Spirit guide me in prayer. Lead me to complete devotion in my moments spent with you, Lord, for Your Son has told us to come to You and I want to do so, not halfway, but with my full heart. Deliver me, when I draw near to You, from the coldness of heart and wanderings of mind, so that with steadfast thoughts and kindled affections, I may worship You in spirit and in truth.

I enter Your presence confessing the things I try to conceal from You and the things I try to conceal from others. I confess the heartbreak, worry, and sorrow I have caused, that make it difficult for others to forgive me, the times I have made it easy for others to do wrong, the harm I have done that makes it hard for me to forgive myself. Lord have mercy and forgive me, in the name of my Lord Christ, by Your grace and love; and help me to grow in faith, that I might not repeat these sins.

May Your law and Your goodness guide my every thought. May the Passion of Christ be ever in my heart. And may the power of Your Holy Spirit flow through my words and my actions today, and in the week to come, and always.

Amen

1 comment: