Thursday, April 19, 2018

Today We Pray



Dear Heavenly Father, let me take up the shield of faith this morning and carry it before me throughout the day. For the darkness of the world attacks my soul from every direction. I take up your shield, the only shield that can protect me: my hope and certainty that your love and promise to protect me, for all eternity, will be with me for the asking. 

We honor You with our words. But, so often our actions reveal that our hearts don’t trust You. Help us to see You at work in every circumstance, no matter how difficult.

If you are with me, O God, who can be against me? For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate me from the love of God in Christ Jesus my Lord. We praise You, we honor Your Name.

Amen

2 comments: