Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Today We Pray


Dear Heavenly Father, let me take up the shield of faith this morning and carry it with me throughout the day. For the darkness of the world attacks my soul from every direction. Defend me, I pray, against the constant assault of impurity that life in the world brings.

I pray that I may have the patience to live through the difficulties of life. May I correct my faults, that they may not destroy my peace and take from me my strength. Help me to center my life in brightness and hope.

I pray to You for all the graces I need to know You, to love You and serve You faithfully unto death, and to save my soul. Give me a tender and fervent devotion to your sacred passion by which I was redeemed, venerating You each day in prayer, and teach me how to unite sorrows and sufferings of my life with your own. In Christ's name, I pray.

Amen

8 comments: