Sunday, December 17, 2017

Today We Pray


Dear Jesus, I come to You this morning in this season of waiting for the feast of Your birth, to ask Your blessing on myself and all those in the world who wait for You. We wait now for Your return, as the Jews of old waiting for their Messiah. Yet now, we have the Holy Spirit to comfort us.

Help us not to be impatient, Lord Christ. But to wait as You have told us, showing the fruits of the spirit in every thought and work: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. And let us always have complete confidence in Your return.

Blessed are You, loving Father, for all Your gifts to me and those close to me. Blessed are You for giving my family and friends to be with me in times of joy and sorrow, to help me in days of need, and to rejoice with me in moments of celebration. Blessed are You for ever and ever.

Amen

2 comments: