Monday, December 18, 2017

Today We Pray


Dear Lord, let my heart rejoice and be glad in this time of prayer. Remind me often of the great blessings You have bestowed on me. Instill in my heart a desire to know and love you more each day.

Let me read Your Word until something new sinks in. Let me pray until I hear Your voice, until all smugness has given way to gratitude. By the power of Your Holy Spirit, renew me afresh in Your Word and power, today and every day, energizing me in Your great commission. 

Eternal God, heavenly Father, You have graciously accepted me as a living member of your Son our Savior Jesus Christ. And, You have blessed me with the grace of forgiveness through the sacrifice He made for me and for all people. Send me now into the world in peace, and grant me strength and courage to love and serve You with gladness and singleness of heart; through Christ our Lord.

Amen


4 comments: