Thursday, December 7, 2017

Today We Pray



Dear God, I have tasted Your goodness and it has satisfied me, yet it has made me thirst for even more. I am so painfully aware of my need for even more grace than I now enjoy; and even when I do not want more, I am ashamed of my lack of desire. I want You completely, mighty God, and I want to want You even more than I do.

Help us not to think that we can go through life without others. Cure us of our independent spirit. Use us to bless others and humble us to accept encouragement.

Finally, I commend to Your fatherly goodness all those who are ill or in distress, in their mind, body, or circumstances. May it please You to comfort and relieve them in accordance with their needs, giving them patience during their suffering, and a fortunate outcome to all of their problems. And this I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, who was always pleased to relieve the suffering of those He encountered.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment