Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Today We Pray


Dear Lord, let me not put my trust in the words of men, for their minds are weak and their tongues are tainted by the world. Let me not put my trust in the thoughts of my mind, for I am filled with sin and self-deceit. But let me test everything having to do with faith against our only true teacher, Jesus Christ, and the true Word of God that He inspired the apostles to write in the Bible.

Help us not respond in kind to those who hate and turn from You. Instead, help us to love and pray that someday they'll accept what's true. Let me not hurt, by any selfish deed or thoughtless word, the heart of foe or friend; nor would I pass, unseeing, worthy need, or sin by silence when I should defend.

The God of peace, who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus Christ, the great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make me perfect in every good work to do Your will, working in me that which is well pleasing in your sight; through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever.

Amen

5 comments: