Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Today We Pray



Dear Heavenly Father, as I stumble through this life, help me to create more laughter than tears, dispense more cheer than gloom, spread more joy than despair. Let me remind those I meet that our final existence will be total joy, and that we may taste this joy through the Spirit even today. Never let me forget that my total effort is to cheer people, make them happy, and forget momentarily all the temporary unpleasantness in their lives.

Help me to learn more about You as I travel through this world. Let this knowledge inspire fresh praise in my heart and a desire to become more like You. And in my final moment, may I hear You whisper, “When you made My people smile, you made Me smile.”

In utter humility, I thank You and glorify You, that You might hear the prayer of one so small as myself, amidst the billions of souls among billions of stars in one of billions of galaxies in Your universe. Let me go forth in Your peace, keeping Your Spirit always in my mind. And bless me, I pray, that I might always follow Your will and live in the radiance of Your blessing.

Amen

3 comments: