Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Today We Pray



Dear Lord, let me feel Your loving arms wrap me tightly in the warm embrace of Your endless love. Teach me to make choices about my time, to remember what is important this season and to say “no” whenever my “yes” would take me away from Your peace. Fill me with patience, love and a sense of humor. 

I pray for those who are beginning to know Christ: may You strengthen them on their journey. I pray for all children, and for those who take care of them, especially those who awaken them to faith. I pray for the ill and those who are ending their lives in loneliness: Oh Lord, give them the strength they need.

Remind me of Your deep love for me and let the fire of that love be something I can share with everyone around me. I pray that the fire of Your Spirit may renew the energies of all Your saints and enable us to welcome those who do not know You. And finally, Lord, may Your Church be constantly renewed, in prayer, in Your Word and in Your worship; in Christ's name, this I ask.

Amen

3 comments: