Sunday, December 3, 2017

Today We Pray



Dear God, I thank You and love You for seeing who I really am. You know things about me that I don't even know myself. I most especially thank You, I fall upon my knees in gratitude, that You love me despite all of the sin and ugliness You see in me. 

Send Your Holy Spirit to deepen my worship life. Open my heart to the gifts and cultures which surround my church. Open my heart to the people who are different from me.

I give myself to You wholly, freely; every part of me blesses You. Take me to Your bosom, let me live Your love and reflect Your light, that others may see a dim reflection of Your magnificence in my lowly life, and that despite my many grievous faults, I might please You by doing better today, and every day. And this I vow: I will try, at least once today, to take a step closer to You, by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Amen

6 comments: