Thursday, September 27, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear God, lover of Your people, help me this day to live entirely to Your glory. Let me be deaf to unmerited criticism and the praise of men. Nothing can hurt my new-born inner self, it cannot be smitten or die; nothing can mar the dominion of Your Spirit within me; it is enough to have Your approval and that of my conscience.

Keep me humble, dependent, supremely joyful, as calm and quiet as a dependent child, yet earnest and active. I wish not so much to do as to be, and I long to be like Jesus. If You make me right, I shall be right.

Lord, I belong to You, make me worthy of Yourself. May the God of peace, who declared victory over death by the resurrection of His only Son, Jesus Christ, make me perfect in every thought and action through His grace. Let my life might be pleasing in His sight and that I might share the perfect peace that is only possible through Him, to whom be glory forever and ever.

Amen

2 comments:

  1. To know the peace the passes all understanding you must give God complete control of your life.
    I experience that peace daily, thank you Lord for all you do in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy every bit of this devotion.Thanks

    ReplyDelete