Thursday, September 6, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear Lord God, who made me, open my eyes that I may see Your hand in all of Your works this day and most especially in those You have made in Your image. Oh Lord Christ, open my heart that I may see Your holy presence surrounding me; blanket me in an impenetrable luminous cloud of godly love. Oh Holy Spirit, let me hear Your voice like the uninterrupted roar of a great waterfall that cannot be silenced and cannot be stopped and cannot be overcome by any temptation of the flesh.

I don't know what will come this day or farther into the future, but I'm grateful that You're by my side. Grant me a spirit of praise and thanksgiving in whatever lies ahead. Teach me to be careful in nothing when it comes to You, Holy God, and let me know and shine forth the truth: that all things are possible in Your Son, Our Redeemer, Jesus Christ.

Let me not forget my prayers as I go out into the world. Holy Spirit, be with me and let me praise you and remember You in my every action and thought, for the entire day long. In Christ’s name, I ask this.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment