Sunday, October 15, 2017

Today We Pray



Dear Lord, keep us faithful to Your Word. Although, at times, we might rephrase. Help us never twist its truths to justify our selfish ways.

I do not want to compromise the truth of the gospel for the sake of peace, but I also ask for the graciousness to demonstrate kindness and tolerance for believers who disagree with me about the non-essentials. I acknowledge that there are some things that are not clear enough in Your revelation for us to understand fully, but these are not the clearly revealed core issues of the faith. In all things, may I be loving and gracious to others.

The God of peace, who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus Christ, the great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, we lift everything up to You. Make me perfect in every good work to do Your will, working in me that which is well pleasing in your sight. Through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever.

Amen

5 comments: