Friday, October 6, 2017

Today We Pray



Dear God, thank You for the work my hand may find this day. I thank You for this day of life. I would look always away from myself, and behold the glory and the need of the world, that I may have the will and the strength to bring the gift of gladness to others; that with them I stand to bear the burden and heat of the day and offer you my work, as well as I may accomplish it, in Your praise.

May I find gladness in all its toil and difficulty, its pleasure and success, and even in its failure and sorrow. May your Holy Spirit guide me in all my dealings with others. May I use the gift of speech with kindness.

I humbly pray You so to guide and govern me by Your Holy Spirit, that in all the joys, occupations, and cares of this day I may never forget you, but remember that I am ever walking in your sight. Glory be to Your Name, forever. In Christ's name, I pray.

Amen

7 comments: