Thursday, June 7, 2018

The Daily Grace - A Steward of Grace


Last week, I had several opportunities to show grace. I wasn't perfect, but I was pleased with the way I handled one situation in particular. Instead of getting angry, I said, "I understand how that could have happened. I've certainly made my share of mistakes", and I left it at that.

According to my own grading scale, I deserved a high score. Not perfect, but close. Lurking in the back of my mind (I hate to admit) was the thought that maybe by being gracious I could expect to be treated that way at some future date. The following Sunday morning our congregation was singing "Amazing Grace", and suddenly the audacity of my attitude came through to me in the words, "Amazing grace! How sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me".

What in the world was I thinking?! The grace we show to others is not our own. The only reason we can "give" grace to anyone is that God has already given it to us. We can pass along only that which we have received from Him. Good stewards look for opportunities to pass along to others what we have received from the Lord. May all of us be "good stewards of the manifold grace of God" (1 Peter 4:10). When you know God's grace, you'll want to show God's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment