Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear God, I bless You who forever works great and mysterious deeds for me, glorious, wonderful, and numberless; who provides me with sleep as a rest from my infirmities and as a repose for my body tired by labor. I thank You that You have not destroyed me in my transgressions, but in Your love toward mankind You have raised me up, as I lay in despair, that I may glorify your majesty. Open my mouth and fill it with Your praise, that I may unceasingly sing and confess to You, who is God glorified in all and by all.

Thank You, oh source of all abundance, for surrounding me with good things. But help me to remember that nothing of earthly value owns the timeless truth. Let Your immeasurable blessings transform how I perceive material benefits. 

In utter humility, I thank You and glorify You, that You might hear the prayer of one so small as myself, amidst the billions of souls among billions of stars in one of the billions of galaxies in Your universe. Let me go forth in Your peace, keeping Your Spirit always in my mind. And bless me, I pray, that I might always follow Your will and live in the radiance of Your blessing.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment