Monday, June 25, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear Lord, thank You for the work my hand may find this day. May I find gladness in all its toil and difficulty, its pleasure and success, and even in its failure and sorrow. I would look always away from myself, and behold the glory and the need of the world, that I may have the will and the strength to bring the gift of gladness to others; that with them I stand to bear the burden and heat of the day and offer You my work, as well as I, may accomplish it, in Your praise.

I'm thankful that when I experience trouble, You are waiting and wanting to help. Teach me to look to You and to rest in Your kind and loving care until You deliver me safely home. Pour Your love into my heart, that I may love you above all things, and my neighbors as myself.

Inspire me to respect and value each person who comes into my life this day. Let me recognize the duties and responsibilities that come with the gifts You have given me so freely, and inspire me to live in such a way that I always give of my best and be welcoming and generous towards others. In Christ’s name I pray.

Amen

1 comment: