Friday, July 20, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear Jesus, who returned from this world to the Father and loved those who were here in this world, make my mind turn from worldly preoccupations to the contemplation of heaven. To despise everything transitory and to yearn only for celestial things, and to burn with the glowing fire of Your love. Cleanse also my heart by pouring in the radiance of the Holy Spirit, so that I may be able to love You.

Come to me, Holy Spirit, and drive away my apathy. Forgive me for the smallness and selfishness of my mind. Take away this sense of tedium with Your Word, Your love, the wondrous gift of eternal life. 

Almighty God, who does freely pardon all who repent and turn to Him, now fulfill in my contrite heart the promise of redeeming grace; forgiving all my sins, and cleansing me from an evil conscience; through the perfect sacrifice of Christ Jesus our Lord. Fill me with zeal and hope, knowing that Your plans for me are glorious, and all that I have or will ever have comes from You. And turn my heart to Your will at every moment, I pray. 

Amen

2 comments: