Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear God, I invite Your Holy Spirit to mold me into the person You want me to be. Empower me to keep reaching for the holiness I see in Jesus. Let me do my work this day; and if the darkened hours of despair overcome me, may I not forget the strength that comforted me in the desolation of other times.

I am so sorry that I let the worries of the day push ahead of You in my mind. Please help me to keep Your Holy Spirit in the forefront of my thoughts, throughout the day. Spare me from bitterness and from the sharp passions of unguarded moments.

Lift up my eyes from the earth, and let me not forget the uses of the stars. Forbid that I should judge others lest I condemn myself. Let me not follow the clamor of the world, but walk calmly in my path.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment