Monday, July 30, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear God, I have tried in vain to reform myself, and I have failed. Only You can truly change my heart. And, I pray that You will do it, by the power of Your Holy Spirit.

Make me Your instrument, Holy God. Replace every prideful thought with a psalm, every angry instinct with a prayer of love and forgiveness. Let the sight of me radiate Your glory, not mine; let every word that comes from my mouth be music from Your harp and every thought in my mind the dove of Your Spirit. 

Inhabit me, infuse me, reform me, that I may live only in Christ, and He in me. May the Almighty and merciful Lord graciously hear me, pardon and deliver me from all my sins, confirm and strengthen me in all goodness, and bring me to everlasting life. Through my Savior, Jesus Christ.

Amen

1 comment: