Monday, July 16, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear Lord, this day, give me not the spirit of laziness, despair, the lust for power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of sobriety, humility, patience, and love to Thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King, grant me to see my own transgressions and not to judge my brother, for blessed art Thou unto ages of ages.

Teach me to be generous. Teach me to serve you as you deserve. Teach me to give and not to count the cost, to fight and not heed the wounds, to toil and not seek for rest, to labor and not to seek reward, save that of knowing that I do Your will.

May the God of peace, who declared victory over death by the resurrection of His only Son, Jesus Christ, make me perfect in every thought and act through His grace. Let my life might be pleasing in His sight. And that, I might share the perfect peace that is only possible through Him, to whom be glory forever and ever.

Amen

1 comment: