Monday, October 1, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear God, You alone gave me the breath of life, and alone can keep alive in me the holy desires Your Spirit brings. I pray to You, in the name of Your infinite compassion, to sanctify my thoughts and endeavors this day. Let me not begin to act without a pure intention or continue it without Your blessing. 

Grant that, having the eyes of my mind opened to behold things invisible and unseen. I may in heart be inspired by Your wisdom, and in work be upheld by Your strength. And in the end, be accepted by You as Your faithful servant.

I ask to be called as a witness to Your love by the love I extend to others. Let me be a precursor of Your justice by my unfailing commitment to what is right and good; a lamp set on a hill, reflecting the light of Christ in my forgiveness, mercy and compassion; and a harvester of souls through my humble and dedicated servanthood. In Jesus’ name, I pray.

Amen

1 comment: