Thursday, October 11, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear Lord, it is so, so very difficult sometimes to keep You at the front of my mind and in the center of my heart, to let You guide my thoughts and actions during the pressure and rush of the day. Much of the time I completely forget You. I act from my own mind and heart, living in this world. 

It is so bad on some days that I will rush through whatever prayers I say, or fail to read Your Word with any conviction. This is not how I want to live. Please, Lord God, so fill me with Your Holy Spirit that I have You in mind with my every thought and act. 

Lead me to take that first step every day to open my Bible, and to fold my hands and close my eyes. Let me put You first, Lord God, and realize that the pressures of the world are illusory: but Your Word is forever. This I pray, in Christ's Name.

Amen

1 comment: