Friday, October 19, 2018

Today We Pray

Dear Lord, thank You that You not only know the path I take, You walk it with me. Help me to rely on Your presence, help, and wisdom every day of my journey through life. Be present with me always, dwell within my heart. 

So many divisions and disputes have been generated by issues, practices, and traditions that are not part of the fundamentals of the faith. Your Church is a glorious unity in diversity, but when we major on the minors, the spirit of factionalism replaces that of unity and peace. I ask for the boldness and courage to stand up and contend for the essentials of the faith, even if it means a lack of peace.

Finally, grant me O Lord, I pray, the lamp of charity which never fails. Let it burn in me and shed its light on those around me. And that by its brightness I may share a vision of that holy City, where dwells the true and never-failing Light.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment