Monday, October 22, 2018

Today We Pray

Dear God, I give thanks to You, all-powerful and eternal God of truth, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Creator of heaven and earth, of humanity and all creatures, Sustainer of all things, Giver of all life, order, and wisdom, unfailing Source of help. And to Your Son our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Word, and eternal image. And to Your Holy Spirit, with whom You endowed the apostles at Pentecost and have brought to comfort all who confess the name of Jesus the Christ, until his coming again.

I thank Thee for the job of this day. May I find gladness in all its toil and difficulty, its pleasure and success, and even in its failure and sorrow. I would look always away from myself, and behold the glory and the need of the world, that I may have the will and the strength to bring the gift of gladness to others; that with them I stand to bear the burden and heat of the day and offer Thee the praise of work well done.

God of love, Father of all, the darkness that covered the earth has given way to the bright dawn of Your Word made flesh; make me and all who confess Your holy name people of this light. Make me faithful to Your Word that I may bring your life to the waiting world. Grant this through Christ our Lord.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment