Friday, October 12, 2018

Today We Pray


Dear Heavenly Father, this morning I renew my repentance. I vow to love You more fervently, to serve You more sincerely, to be more devoted in my life, to be completely Yours; Yet I soon stumble, backslide, and have to confess my weakness, misery, and sin. But I bless You that the finished work of Jesus needs no addition from my doings, that His atonement is sufficient satisfaction for my sins.

Thank You for using others to speak words of encouragement and challenge to me. Help me to be wise in how and when my words or my silence may be helpful to someone else. Keep me free from all untrue and unkind words; consecrate my speech to Your service; and keep me often silent, that my heart may speak to You and may listen for Your voice.

May the Almighty and merciful Lord graciously hear me, pardon and deliver me from all my sins, confirm and strengthen me in all goodness, and bring me to everlasting life. I present myself to You with sins of commission and omission, against You, my Father, against You, Adorable Redeemer, against You and Your stirrings, O Holy Spirit, against the dictates of my conscience, against the precepts of Your Word, against my neighbors and myself. Through my Savior, Jesus Christ.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment