Sunday, October 21, 2018

Today We Pray



Dear God, I presume to present myself this morning before thy Divine majesty. I beseech you to accept my humble and hearty thanks, that it hath pleased thy great goodness to keep and preserve me the night past from all the dangers poor mortals are subject to. And, has given me sweet and pleasant sleep, whereby I find my body refreshed and comforted for performing the duties of this day, in which I beseech thee to defend me from all perils of body and soul.

Direct my thoughts, words and work. Wash away my sins in the immaculate blood of the lamb, and purge my heart by thy Holy Spirit, from the dross of my natural corruption. That I may with more freedom of mind and liberty of will serve thee, the everlasting God, in righteousness and holiness this day, and all the days of my life.

Let me not forget You as I go forth into the world this day, blessed Lord. May my every word be a prayer, and my every act be the testimony to Your love and truth. And, may I know your presence every second of this day.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment