Monday, January 14, 2019

Today We Pray



Dear God, let me today do something that shall take a little sadness from the world’s vast store. And may I be so favored as to make of joy’s too scanty sum a little more. Let me not hurt, by any selfish deed or thoughtless word, the heart of foe or friend; nor would I pass, unseeing, worthy need, or sin by silence when I should defend.

Kindle in the hearts of all men the fire of longing for peaceful existence so powerful that they may never long to do violence against another. Guide with pure wisdom those who guide the nations of the earth and the many factions who may find disagreement. Let Your kingdom go forward in tranquility and goodness, free of hatred and hostility until the earth is filled with the knowledge of Your love.

Now, oh heavenly Father, I ask to be called as a witness to Your love by the love I extend to others. Let me be a precursor of Your justice by my unfailing commitment to what is right and good; a lamp set on a hill, reflecting the light of Christ in my forgiveness, mercy and compassion; and a harvester of souls through my humble and dedicated servanthood. In Jesus’ name, I pray.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment