Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Today We Pray



Dear God, who orders all things in heaven and earth, help me to go about the tasks and duties of this day with the remembrance that I am Your servant therein. Make me honest, painstaking, and cheerful. Grant that all I do and say may bring good to others and glory to Your Holy Name.

Pity the blindness of my sorrows. Give me eyes of faith to see Your eternities. When I no longer behold what I have loved in this life, and listen for footsteps I will never hear again, and the comforts of earth grow fewer and fail; strengthen my trust in You. 

Walk with me so that I may not be alone as I face this day, but always in Your presence. Your joy is a lighthouse in a world often dark with sin, and I pray that I may reflect the light of Your truth, to inspire others as I have been inspired. In the name of Christ, bless me this day, and all whom I may meet.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment