Thursday, January 3, 2019

Today We Pray



Dear Lord, I come to You for the grace another day will require for its duties and events. I step out into a wicked world; I carry about with me an evil heart. I know that without You I can do nothing, that everything with which I shall be concerned, however harmless in itself, may prove an occasion of sin or folly unless I am kept by Your power.

We look forward to the day when we will be robed in the fine linens of purity and join You at the marriage supper of the Lamb. Until then, remind us to love Your bride and to live beautifully for You. I pray that You will now fulfill in me and in every contrite heart the promise of redeeming grace; forgiving all our sins, and cleansing us from an evil conscience.

God our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, and Spirit of God amidst us direct our way unto You. Make us increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you. To the end, we may establish our hearts unblameable in holiness before You, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Amen

1 comment: