Monday, January 7, 2019

Today We Pray



Dear Lord, we confess our tendency to rationalize everything to get what we think we want. Guide us today so that we choose to obey Your commands instead of pursuing our own desires. Grant me, Your grace, that it may be with me and labor with me and dwell within me, this day and all the days of my short life.

I know that You are faithful over all things, even in the hard dark times of my life. Help me not back away in hard dark times of my life and back away from You in my time of grief. Help me instead to lean into You and trust You, even when I do not understand Your ways.

Let the word of Christ richly dwell within me all this day. And whatever I do in word or deed, may I do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. This I pray, in Christ's name.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment