Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Today We Pray



Dear Lord, receive my morning sacrifice which I now offer up to thee. I yield thee humble and hearty thanks that thou has preserved me from the danger of the night past, and brought me to the light of the day, and the comforts thereof, a day which is consecrated to thine own service and for thine own honor. Deliver me, when I draw near to You, from the coldness of heart and wanderings of mind, so that with steadfast thoughts and kindled affections, I may worship You in spirit and in truth.

We pause to consider all we have in You. Grant us eyes to see Your provision and help us to remember every benefit You have given to us. Let my heart, therefore, be so affected with the glory and majesty of it, that I may not do my own works, but wait on thee, and discharge those weighty duties thou require of me.

O good shepherd, seek me out and bring me home to Your fold again. Deal favorably with me according to Your good pleasure, until I may dwell in Your house all the days of my life. And praise You forever and ever with them that are there.

Amen

1 comment: