Saturday, July 13, 2019

Today We Pray



Dear Lord, You have called us Your friends. In some small way, help us to show Your love to this hurting world so they will know You. Deliver me, when I draw near to You, from the coldness of heart and wanderings of mind, so that with steadfast thoughts and kindled affections, I may worship You in spirit and in truth.

I confess that I have sinned against Your Holy Word. I pray that You will now fulfill in me and in every contrite heart the promise of redeeming grace. Please forgive all our sins and cleanse us from an evil conscience. 

God of love, Father of all, the darkness that covered the earth has given way to the bright dawn of Your Word made flesh, make me and all who confess Your holy name people of this light. Make me faithful to Your Word that I may bring Your life to the waiting world. Grant this through Christ our Lord.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment