Monday, July 8, 2019

Today We Pray



Dear Heavenly Father, help me today to season my words with grace. May all that I say and do be gracious to others and pleasing to You, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer. Let me see my own imperfection and not that of my fellow man. 

Help me, I pray, to see other people as You see them, as my fellow souls struggling to find You. Let me not be deceived by appearance; let me not be misled by my prejudice. Let me not compare the outside of other people to the inside of myself, nor believe that the circumstances of my birth define a standard that others are supposed to meet.

I pray to You, in the name of Your infinite compassion, to sanctify my thoughts and endeavors this day that I may not begin to act without a pure intention or continue it without Your blessing. And grant that, having the eyes of my mind opened to behold things invisible and unseen, I may in heart be inspired by Your wisdom, and in work be upheld by Your strength, and in the end, be accepted by You as Your faithful servant. This I pray, in Christ's name.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment