Friday, April 19, 2019

Today We Pray



Dear Heavenly Father, on this day between Good Friday and Easter Sunday, we're grateful for the cross and for Your Son who gave His life so that we might have life. Thank You for Your amazing love through this! Thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for us.

Like the seed buried in the ground, You have produced the harvest of eternal life for me; make me always dead to sin and alive in You. Shepherd of all, in death You remained hidden from the world; teach us to love our hidden spiritual life with You. You have allowed me through baptism to be buried with You; grant that I may also rise with You and walk in newness of life.

O Lord, by the merits and prayers of Your son, Jesus Christ, keep me today from all evil and unruly desires, from all sins and temptations of the devil, from sudden and unprovided death, and from the pains of hell. Enlighten my heart with the grace of Your Holy Spirit. Let me never be separated from You, O God, who lives and reigns forever.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment