Thursday, April 4, 2019

Today We Pray



Dear Heavenly Father, in the face of life's sometimes awful circumstances, may we find Your grace to be a source of awe and wonder. Instruct us in our trials. Carry us in Your arms when we are overwhelmed.

Let me do my work this day. And if the darkened hours of despair overcome me, may I not forget the strength that comforted me in the desolation of other times. May I still remember the bright hours that found me walking over the silent hills of my childhood, or dreaming on the margin of a quiet river when a light glowed within me, and I promised my early God to have courage amid the tempests of the changing years. 

Now all glory to You, great God, who is able to keep us from falling away and will bring us with great joy into Your glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to You who alone are God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are Yours before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment