Friday, April 26, 2019

Today We Pray



Dear Lord, Your Word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. Your laws are my treasure; they are my heart's delight. I am determined to keep Your decrees to the very end.

The darkness that covered the earth has given way to the bright dawn of Your Word made flesh. Make me and all who confess Your holy name people of this light. Make me faithful to Your Word that I may bring Your life to the waiting world.

Make my mind turn from worldly preoccupations to the contemplation of heaven, to despise everything transitory and to yearn only for celestial things, and to burn with the glowing fire of Your love. And you, who deemed Yourself worthy to wash the feet of Your holy apostles with Your sacred hands, cleanse also my heart by pouring in the radiance of the Holy Spirit, so that I may be able to love You, our Lord Jesus Christ, in all things and above all else. Grant this through Christ our Lord.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment