Monday, April 22, 2019

Today We Pray



Dear Lord, this day, give me not the spirit of laziness, despair, the lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of sobriety, humility, patience, and love to Thy servant. Yea, O Lord, and King grant me to see my own transgressions and not to judge my brother, for blessed art Thou unto ages of ages.

In the daily round from sunrise to sunset and to sunrise again, remind me again and again of Your holy presence hovering near me and in me. Free me from shame and self-doubt in expressing my faith. Help me to see You in the fleeting moments of possibility and be filled with Your courage and Your word.

Oh God Almighty, send me Your light and truth, to keep this day and all the days of my life. And may Your mighty hand protect me, and all my brothers and sisters who have joined me in prayer this day, blessing our homes and our lives. In Christ’s name, I pray.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment