Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Today We Pray



Dear Lord, thank You for always being there in love, amidst the many things that have a hold on me. I pause and pray that I may let You affect my becoming in this precise moment. What is present to me is what has a hold on my becoming.

I admit that I take things into my own hands and worry. That weighs my spirit down and sometimes robs my nights of rest. Lift the heaviness from my heart as I lean into You. 

Please continue to create me, guide me and shape me. Support me all the day long of this troublous life, until the shadows lengthen and the evening comes, and the busy world is hushed, and the fever of life is over and my work is done. Then, of Thy mercy, grant me a safe lodging, and a holy rest and a peace at last through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment