Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Today We Pray



Dear God, the night has passed, the sun shines its light upon us, and the day lies open before me. As I rejoice in the gift of this new day, so may the light of Your presence fill me with love for You. Abide with me, I pray, now and forever.

Help me to do Your work. I promise to try, but I cannot do this without Your help. Fill me with the fire of Your Holy Spirit and give me the words and the strength, if only to witness how much You have meant to me in my own life. 

Give me the strength to plunge straight through feelings of awkwardness or potential hostility, and to offer to You just the simplest witness before others. I know that if I help only one person to find You, it is worth ten thousand rejections. Bless me to remember, that the harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment